I was just wondering how we'll start this documentation.
I think to begin with, we need something like a table of contents.
I guess some areas we should cover are
- general introduction to the MPI model
- about MPI implementations
- about the structure of OpenMPI - brief explanation of orte, mca, opal etc
- installing OpenMPI (much can be taken from the FAQ)
This should include good descriptions of all parameters for the
as well as sections for systems with particular ways for installation
- compiling OpenMPI (much can be taken from the FAQ)
- running OpenMPI (much can be taken from the FAQ)
- tuning OpenMPI performance
Perhaps something like a tutorial would be useful:
Designing, implementing and running a simple but nnon-trivial
MPI-application, introducing some of the basic MPI commands.
Any other ideas?
Should we also include a MPI-reference or should we simply
refer to the man-pages or the books?