hwloc (since 1.1, on Linux) can already tell you which CPUs are close to a CUDA device, see https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/hwloc/browser/trunk/include/hwloc/cuda.h and https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/hwloc/browser/trunk/include/hwloc/cudart.h
Do you need anything else ?

Brice

Le 14/04/2011 17:44, Ken Lloyd a écrit :
I'd suggest supporting CUDA device queries in carto and hwloc.

Ken

On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 11:25 -0400, Jeff Squyres wrote:
On Apr 13, 2011, at 12:47 PM, Rolf vandeVaart wrote:

> By default, the code is disable and has to be configured into the library.
>   --with-cuda(=DIR)       Build cuda support, optionally adding DIR/include,
>                                              DIR/lib, and DIR/lib64
>   --with-cuda-libdir=DIR  Search for cuda libraries in DIR

My $0.02: cuda shouldn't be disabled by default (and only enabled if you --with-cuda).  If configure finds all the Right cuda magic, then cuda support should be enabled by default.  Just like all other optional support libraries that OMPI uses.

More specifically: the cuda support code in OMPI should strive to be such that it can be enabled by default and not cause any performance penalties to codes that do not need/use any cuda stuff.  I'm not saying I know how to do that -- I'm just saying that that should be the goal.  :-)