I'm pretty sure it was Shiqing's patch.  THe problem is that OPAL_DECLSPEC was added to event.h to export a couple of symbols, but none of the libevent files include opal_config.h, so OPAL_DECLSPEC isn't properly defined on Unix systems.  I ran into this last night and was going to send an e-mail this morning, but it looks like the nightly build beat me to it.  Unfortunately, I don't have time to fix the bug.

Brian

On Nov 3, 2010, at 7:20 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:

Hmmm...but it -did- work after your last change - we got a nice tarball that night. Perhaps it was Shiqing's commit that broke it?

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 4:36 AM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquyres@cisco.com> wrote:
Yep - I get these mails, too.

My only comment is: %}%%<>~|%>!!!

I swear I actually do test these things and they *do* work before I commit them. There must be some difference between my env and the nightly creation env. I'll investigate...

Sent from my PDA. No type good.

On Nov 3, 2010, at 2:12 AM, "Mike Dubman" <mike.ompi@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
ompi/trunk (r23985) build still fails with compilation errors (attached).

Regards

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 11:10 PM, Jeff Squyres <jsquyres@cisco.com> wrote:
Sorry for the delay on this -- the issue was quite subtle and the holiday weekend got in the way.

I have a fix that will be committed a little after 6pm US Eastern.  It seems to allow a fresh SVN checkout (with my patch applied) to pass "make distcheck".  Hopefully we'll finally get a new trunk tarball tonight.

On Oct 31, 2010, at 9:16 PM, MPI Team wrote:

> ERROR: Command returned a non-zero exist status (trunk):
>       make distcheck
>
> Start time: Sun Oct 31 21:00:12 EDT 2010
> End time:   Sun Oct 31 21:16:33 EDT 2010

> [... previous lines snipped ...]
> checking for OPAL CXXFLAGS... -pthread
> checking for OPAL CXXFLAGS_PREFIX...
> checking for OPAL LDFLAGS...
> checking for OPAL LIBS... -ldl   -Wl,--export-dynamic -lrt -lnsl -lutil -lm -ldl
> checking for OPAL extra include dirs...
> checking for ORTE CPPFLAGS...
> checking for ORTE CXXFLAGS... -pthread
> checking for ORTE CXXFLAGS_PREFIX...
> checking for ORTE CFLAGS... -pthread
> checking for ORTE CFLAGS_PREFIX...
> checking for ORTE LDFLAGS...
> checking for ORTE LIBS...  -ldl   -Wl,--export-dynamic -lrt -lnsl -lutil -lm -ldl
> checking for ORTE extra include dirs...
> checking for OMPI CPPFLAGS...
> checking for OMPI CFLAGS... -pthread
> checking for OMPI CFLAGS_PREFIX...
> checking for OMPI CXXFLAGS... -pthread
> checking for OMPI CXXFLAGS_PREFIX...
> checking for OMPI FFLAGS... -pthread
> checking for OMPI FFLAGS_PREFIX...
> checking for OMPI FCFLAGS... -pthread
> checking for OMPI FCFLAGS_PREFIX...
> checking for OMPI LDFLAGS...
> checking for OMPI LIBS...   -ldl   -Wl,--export-dynamic -lrt -lnsl -lutil -lm -ldl
> checking for OMPI extra include dirs...
>
> *** Final output
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating ompi/include/ompi/version.h
> config.status: creating orte/include/orte/version.h
> config.status: creating opal/include/opal/version.h
> config.status: creating opal/mca/backtrace/Makefile
> config.status: creating opal/mca/backtrace/printstack/Makefile
> config.status: creating opal/mca/backtrace/execinfo/Makefile
> config.status: creating opal/mca/backtrace/darwin/Makefile
> config.status: creating opal/mca/backtrace/none/Makefile
> config.status: creating opal/mca/carto/Makefile
> config.status: creating opal/mca/carto/auto_detect/Makefile
> config.status: creating opal/mca/carto/file/Makefile
> config.status: creating opal/mca/compress/Makefile
> config.status: creating opal/mca/compress/gzip/Makefile
> config.status: creating opal/mca/compress/bzip/Makefile
> config.status: creating opal/mca/crs/Makefile
> config.status: creating opal/mca/crs/none/Makefile
> config.status: creating opal/mca/crs/self/Makefile
> config.status: creating opal/mca/crs/blcr/Makefile
> config.status: creating opal/mca/event/Makefile
> config.status: creating opal/mca/event/libevent207/Makefile
> config.status: error: cannot find input file: `opal/mca/event/libevent207/libevent/include/event2/event-config.h.in'
> make: *** [distcheck] Error 1

jsquyres@cisco.com
For corporate legal information go to:

<ATT00002..txt>