According to the vxworks docs, they created a notion of "process" statin with the 6.0 release. Use rtpSpawn to launch the process and you should be okay as that is the equivalent of fork/exec.

On Jul 5, 2010, at 8:12 PM, 张晶 wrote:

Hi Ralph ,

It is really a bad news that vxworks even doesn't include rsh server. I have to write a plm component using rlogin. After going through the openmpi website ,I can only find the some useful slides,However it is really not enough . I wonder if there is a document like  "how to write a component".Thank you !

在 2010年7月2日 上午11:39,Ralph Castain <rhc@open-mpi.org>写道:
The rsh component checks for the existence of "fork", which may not be present in vxworks. Is it? I'm afraid that component uses fork, so you may have to create a vxworks component that doesn't, or at least uses the equivalent.

On Jul 1, 2010, at 9:32 PM, 张晶 wrote:

> Hi Ralph,
>
> I just copy your code in the trunk ,it seems working well. But the
> "mpirun ls " still stuck at the orte_plm_select ,after using ompi_info
> ,there is no available component for plm. I think my configure option
> is not the problem, for I use the same configure option to build the
> program under the linux ,the rsh & slurm component are both available
> . Maybe it is a problem of my enviroment , but I really don't know how
> to find the condition to include rsh component.
>
> 2010/6/30 Ralph Castain <rhc@open-mpi.org>:
>> You may be working off of an old version of OMPI - I updated opal_paffinity awhile ago to no longer require that a component be selected. Then you can no-build all paffinity components if you like and the system will still startup okay.
>>
>> I don't believe this was moved over to the 1.4 release branch - afraid you would have to use a developer's trunk tarball or svn checkout. It -might- be in the 1.5.0 release candidates, though (I haven't looked).
>>
>> On Jun 29, 2010, at 9:36 PM, 张晶 wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all ,
>>>
>>> I tried to run the openmpi on vxworks. Now I can run program ompi_info
>>> etc. But it failed running "mpirun ls",  the error is :
>>> It looks like opal_init failed for some reason; your parallel process is
>>> likely to abort.  There are many reasons that a parallel process can
>>> fail during opal_init; some of which are due to configuration or
>>> environment problems.  This failure appears to be an internal failure;
>>> here's some additional information (which may only be relevant to an
>>> Open MPI developer):
>>>
>>> opal_paffinity_base_select failed
>>> --> Returned value -13 instead of OPAL_SUCCESS
>>>
>>> After using the ompi_info , I cann't find any available component for
>>> paffinity. It seems the linux component of paffinity  isn't  available
>>> . As the paffinity is not a must in openmpi . I wonder whether I can
>>> disable the paffinity during the running of mpirun?
>>> --
>>> Jing Zhang

> 张晶

张晶