From: Leo P. <leo_7892003@yahoo.co.in>
To: Open MPI Developers <devel@open-mpi.org>
Sent: Monday, 15 June, 2009 12:36:34 AM
Subject: [OMPI devel] complete newbie question regarding --enable-mpi-profile option

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to enabling profiling of openMPI code.

Earlier i also saw a thread [http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2008/04/5369.php] which talks about using --enable-mpi-profile option in configure which i have done. But i have not been able to get hold of profiling data. I tried installing vampir from https://computing.llnl.gov/code/vgv.html#installations but i am not been able to install.

So i wanted to know how people are profiling the core openMPI code.

I am a complete newbie and would appreciate any information.

Also i was wondering whether gdb could be used with openMPI. I know about -d option in mpirun but i need to use gdb if its possible. I think i have done all the necessary things to enable profiling and debuging but i am missing something here.

Currentl y i am configuring openMPI using following param
 ./configure -enable-debug --with-devel-headers --enable-trace --enable-mpi-profile --enable-mem-debug

Leo P.

Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with Yahoo! India Travel Click here!

Bollywood news, movie reviews, film trailers and more! Click here.