Do we really want to go with a release candidate instead of an official release? That sounds pretty risky to me...
How long do we want to wait for 1.3.3? It looks like they're have a new RC for ROMIO on May 15th -- can we wait that long? At a minimum, it'll take a day or three to integrate the new ROMIO into OMPI.
Begin forwarded message:
From: Rob Latham <email@example.com>
Date: April 30, 2009 12:00:22 PM EDT
To: Jeff Squyres <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Re: [ROMIO Req #947] New version of ROMIO?
On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 03:18:11PM -0400, Jeff Squyres wrote:
I can wait a week or so -- it sounds like I should? It is definitely
much easier for us to say "we have the ROMIO from MPICH2 x.y.z" than to
say "we have ROMIO from MPICH2's SVN rXYZ" -- the first is significantly
easier for users the understand and compare behavior to.
Pavan says we'll have a release-candidate on may 15th. Perhaps that
will be the best one to use, if you can wait that long.
Mathematics and Computer Science Division
Argonne National Lab, IL USA
devel mailing list