Hello,

the 'make dist[clean]' problem should be fixed now. To avoid that Make enters a 'ompi/contrib'-directory
of a disabled contributed software the Makefile variable OMPI_CONTRIB_DIST_SUBDIRS must not be set.
I've tested this fix as follows:

1. configure --enable-contrib-no-build=vt
    make distclean
-> works
2. configure --enable-contrib-no-build=vt
    make dist # the tarball doesn't contain VT sources (omp/contrib/vt/vt)
    tar xfz <tarball>
    configure ; make ; make install
-> works
3. test 1 in VPATH mode
4. test 2 in VPATH mode

Matthias

On Fr, 2008-02-29 at 13:10 +0100, Andreas Knüpfer wrote:
On Thursday 28 February 2008, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> I can't remember if I posted about this before or not -- should we
> disable trunk/VT building by default while the configuration issues
> are being worked out?

Which config issues are you refering to? Is it about the 'make distclean' that
fails if you explicitly disabled VT before?

I see no easy fix for this, because you will get an incomplete set of
Makefiles if you ask for an incomplete configure. Yet, by default everything
should be fine.

Therefore, I'd like to keep it enabled by default ... well, of course I
would ;)

Are there any other isses open with VT config?

Andreas

--
Matthias Jurenz,
Center for Information Services and