In this case the MPI_Bcast will act as a synchronization point, the slaves will be blocked in the call until the master do the operation.

  george.

On Nov 18, 2012, at 15:54 , Sandra Guija <sguija@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello,
Could someone be kind and explain me the MPI_Bcast when is call by all the other processes?
I am having some difficulties in fully understanding it.
The reason I asked, it is because in my code there are some slaves calling the MPI_Bcast function prior the master calls it.
Thanks,
Sandra Guija