Couple of things you might want to add:
1. RedStorm design - what are we going to do about the RTE?
2. Multi-cell RTE - I've been working on this (finally set it aside to complete the scalable startup stuff first), but it is complex and might merit some discussion with those interested.
On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 09:34, Jeff Squyres wrote:
Here's the topics that I have for the July meeting (did I miss
anything?). I don't really have a schedule -- only some things need to
assigned times (e.g., the collectives meeting(s)).
- All: Current status, future plans/goals (presentation from each
- Jeff: IU
- Tim: LANL
- Ralph: ORTE
- Rainer: HLRS
- George: UTK
- All, Tim: overview of PML/BTL interface and design
- Retire teg/PTL?
- All: SC, Euro PVM/MPI, LACSI planning
- All, Brian: what you need to know about the new configure.m4 system
- All, Jeff: build system changes
- All: discussion of others coming into the tree (e.g., IB vendors)
- All: processor/memory affinity
- All: project split issues
- tools in wrong trees (abstraction issues)
- wrapper compilers for ORTE/OPAL?
- #include files
- any final cleanup moving between opal/orte/ompi trees
- All: MCA issues
- Framework hiding / re-entrance (e.g., ompi_info)
- How to have multiple PML's without re-initializing BTLs/PTLs?
- Better guidelines for framework/component "open" calls
- Separate function for framework/component MCA parameter
- Frameworks as DSOs
- Jeff, Ralph: simplifying GPR access (if possible)
- Red Storm sub-group: current status and future plans
- One-sided sub-group: current status, SC plans, future plans
- Fault tolerance sub-group:
- Integrating LAM-style coordinated, synchronous checkpointing
- How to do other kinds of checkpointing (e.g., FT-MPI, MPICH-V, etc.)
- Collectives sub-group (including Access Grid participants):
- New framework (coll v2)
- Using btl's
- Non-blocking collectives