Subject: [OMPI devel] Further questions about BTL OPAL move...
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-31 18:26:22

George --

Got 2 questions for ya:

1. I see some orte_* specific symbols/functions in ompi_mpi_init.c. Was that intentional? Shouldn't that stuff be in the RTE framework, or some such?

2. In tracking down some stuff relating to process names, it looks like names are now setting set by ompi/proc/proc.c (i.e., it makes a call to opal_proc_local_set(...)). And this happens after the RTE is initialized. Is that right? Seems a little weird to me -- shouldn't the RTE be the one that sets the process names?

Thanks!