Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] openmpi-1.8.2rc2 and f08 interface built with PGI-14.7 causes link error
From: Paul Hargrove (phhargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-29 21:33:28

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquyres_at_[hidden]
> wrote:

> Tetsuya --
>
> I am unable to test with the PGI compiler -- I don't have a license. I
> was hoping that LANL would be able to test today, but I don't think they
> got to it.
>
> Can you send more details?
>
> E.g., can you send the all the stuff listed on
> http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/ for 1.8 and 1.8.2rc2 for the 14.7
> compiler?
>
> I'm *guessing* that we've done something new in the changes since 1.8 that
> PGI doesn't support, and we need to disable that something (hopefully while
> not needing to disable the entire mpi_f08 bindings...).

The good news is that my build with 1.8.2rc2 and PGI 14.4 isn't a total
failure.
However, with no fortran-specific configure arguments it did not install
mpi_f08.mod.
So, is it possible that configure is automatically (and correctly)
determining that F08 doesn't work?
I can extract the right bits from config.log is somebody (Jeff?) can tell
me what to look for.

I am trying again with an explicit --enable-mpi-fortran=usempi at configure
time to see what happens.

-Paul

Future Technologies Group