Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] opal_process_info.job_session_dir: "not yet defined"
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-28 13:21:03

Well, this is a pickle.

I'm setting up component-wide resources in the BTL component init. I am doing this because the creation of the modules that I return from BTL component init (currently) *assume* that all of these component resources are already setup.

If I have to defer setting up component-wide resources until later, this means I have to put a conditional in some critical paths, right? I.e.,

    if (component_stuff_not_setup_yet)
      do_component_setup()

Yuck.

Is there a better way?

Crazy idea: should we add more hooks during the init / setup sequence? E.g., a BTL component_init_after_rte_has_been_initialized() that is guaranteed to be called before any module functions are invoked?