Subject: [OMPI devel] TCP btl seq
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-28 13:02:38

>From George's comments on http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2014/07/15275.php:

"Ralph and Jeff (I think you added the seq interface to TCP), please take a look at the following:
- the implementation of the TCP seq interface seems to be wrong: it used the my_node_rank to compute the sequence number instead of the my_local_rank (I changed this to my_local_rank)"

1. I'd be in favor of just deleting the seq implementation (is anyone actually using it?).

2. If we keep it, I don't remember offhand what the difference is between node_rank and local_rank. The one we want is the 0-based index rank of this process *on this server*. E.g., on a 2-server job, each with 16 slots, the first process on each server will be <foo>_rank 0, the second process on each server will be <foo>_rank 1, etc. That's the one we want. If it's node_rank and not local_rank, ok.