Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] v1.8 - compile/dist problem
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-24 09:59:37

Another data point:

I just bootstrapped with Automake 1.14.1, and got the same result (i.e., ls -l before configure, the "hooks" directory is NOT there, run configure, ls -l and the "hooks" directory IS there).

I'm guessing something changed elsewhere in the toolchain on RHEL7/SLES12(beta) that is causing this problem.

Bert: how is the "hooks" directory normally created? Do you have some specific .m4 that creates it? Or is it a side-effect of something in configure?