Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] v1.8 - compile/dist problem
From: Bert Wesarg (bert.wesarg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-24 08:55:30

On 07/24/2014 02:52 PM, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jul 2014, Mike Dubman wrote:
>
>> it seems autotools related:
>> it tries to create link in "hooks" subfolder which does not present.
>
> This typically occurs when you try to create a file (symlink) in a
> nonexistent directory. In such situations the make rules must ensure that
> such directories exist, e.g., via
>
> some_target: Some_prerequisite
> $(MKDIR_P) hooks
> $(LN_S) $(srcdir)/hooks/vt_unify_hooks_base.cc
> hooks/vt_unify_hooks_base.cc

But the dep rules should already ensure this, as it creates the .deps
directory at the end of configure. Though if this is not guaranteed to
happen (maybe it depends on the used compiler) than we would need to
ensure it in the makefile itself.

Does someone know the details from autoconf about this?

Bert

--
Dipl.-Inf. Bert Wesarg
wiss. Mitarbeiter