Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Move the Open MPI communication infrastructure in OPAL
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-23 22:15:47

I was struggling with a similar issue while trying to fix the OpenIB compilation. And I choose to implement a different approach, which does not require knowledge of what’s inside opal_process_name_t.

Look in opal/util/proc.h. You should be able to use: opal_process_name_vpid and opal_process_name_jobid. They will remain there until we figure out a nice way to get rid of them completely.

HINT: I personally prefer to get rid of void and jobid completely. As long as need the info only for a visual clue, the output of OPAL_NAME_PRINT might be enough.

  George.