Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Annual SVN account maintenance
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-23 11:33:56

On Jul 23, 2014, at 11:02 AM, Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Just a little confusing here as some of these folks have changed organizations, some of the orgs have dropped out of sight, etc. So it isn't entirely clear who owns what on your chart.

Note that the chart I included in the email is pulled directly from the AUTHORS file. So if things have changed, people should update their entries in AUTHORS.

We keep a FULL list of people who have *ever* committed in AUTHORS; we never trim it.

> Looking at your lists, it is full of people who haven't been involved with OMPI for many years. So I'd say you should remove everyone on your "no commits in last year" list who doesn't respond and/or have someone from an active member org specifically request they be retained.

I'm guessing all of those will drop off, too.

I did a quick check and I think that (almost) everyone who hasn't had a commit in the last year isn't on the wiki page to be classified (some exceptions include the IU staff who have admin rights over the repo, etc.).

Regardless, I think those who have drifted away from the project won't update the wiki, and we'll end up deleting their accounts next week. If a mistake is made, it's easy/trivial to restore an SVN account.