Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [OMPI svn] svn:open-mpi r32163 - in trunk: opal/mca/base orte/tools/orterun
From: Dave Goodell (dgoodell) (dgoodell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-16 12:57:38

On Jul 16, 2014, at 11:31 AM, Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Nobody was "against" retaining it. The issue is that "-x" isn't an MCA parameter, nor does it get translated to one under the covers. So the problem was one of how to insert it into the typical MCA param precedence chain.

I understand the combination of the two features is clunky and could lead to odd corner cases, but the "-x" argument is a feature I actually use on a fairly regular basis, but I am unlikely to use mca_base_env_list unless given no other choice. It's just a worse, clunkier interface unless one really needs to set that MCA parameter via environment variable.

So can we just strike the deprecation warning that is currently issued when "-x" is passed in the absence of "mca_base_env_list"?

-Dave