Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Add an __attribute__((destructor)) function to opal
From: Nathan Hjelm (hjelmn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-16 10:26:44

A number of issues have been raised as part of this discussion. Here is
what I have seen so far:

 - contructor/destructor order not garaunteed: From an opal perspective
   this should not be a problem. Most components are unloaded by
   opal_finalize () not opal_finalize_util (). So opal components
   opal should already be finalized by the time the destructor is called
   (or we can finalize them in the destructor if necessary).

 - portability: All the compilers most of us care about: gcc, intel,
   clang. The exceptions appear to be xlc and pgi. For these compilers
   we can fall back on Ralph's solution and just leak if
   MPI_Finalize () is not called after MPI_T_Finalize (). Attached is an
   implementation that does that (needs some adjustment).

-Nathan