Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Shared library version numbers for 1.8.2
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-09 16:58:55

Ouch - yes, we definitely should roll it to 4:0:0. I gather the ABI change was required to comply with the spec. I normally would refuse to allow an ABI change during a stable release series, but have given more latitude to OSHMEM due to its relatively new inclusion and the need to get it into compliance.