Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Open MPI 1.6.5 opal_paffinity_base_get_physical_socket_id
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-31 08:12:56

The super short answer is: 1.6.x is old and deprecated; can you upgrade to the 1.8.x series?

The short answer is "no" -- paffinity calls should never block, but it depends on how and what you're measuring.

The more detailed answer is: your trace below looks like it includes a call to MPI_Abort. Did your process hang during the abort, perchance, and (somehow) get stuck in a process affinity call?

Are you able to download and run the lstopo command from the hwloc suite? (http://www.open-mpi.org/software/hwloc/v1.9/)