Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] some info is not pushed into the dstore
From: Gilles Gouaillardet (gilles.gouaillardet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-28 04:18:05

i finally got it :-)

/* i previously got it "almost" right ... */

here is what happens on job 2 (with trunk) :
MPI_Intercomm_create calls ompi_comm_get_rprocs that calls ompi_proc_unpack
=> ompi_proc_unpack store job 3 info into opal_dstore_peer

then ompi_comm_get_rprocs calls ompi_proc_set_locality(job 3)
=> ompi_proc_set_locality fetch information job 3 info from
opal_dstore_internal (not found) and then opal_dstore_nonpeer (not found
again) and then fails.
this is just the consequence of ompi_proc_unpack stored job 3 info in
opal_dstore_peer and not in opal_dstore_nonpeer

i do not understand which of opal_dstore_peer and opal_dstore_nonpeer
should be used and when, so i wrote a defensive patch (fetch both
opal_dstore_nonpeer and then opal_dstore_peer if not previously found).

please someone review this and comment/fix it if needed
(for example, store in opal_dstore_nonpeer instead of opal_dstore_peer
*or*
fetch in opal_dstore_peer instead of opal_dstore_nonpeer
and/or something else )

and then, locality is correctly set, coll ml receives correct information
and this does not
hang any more if mpirun is invoked without --mca coll ^ml and on a single
node single socket VM)

bottom line, job 2 *did* receive information of job 3 but failed to
store/fetch it in the right opal_store !

v1.8 is unaffected since there is only one dstore

Cheers,

Gilles