Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: add STCI component to OMPI/RTE framework
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-27 14:45:37

I think so long as we leave these components out of any release, there is a limited potential for problems (probably most importantly, we sidestep all the issues about syncing releases!).

However, that said, I'm not sure what it gains anyone to include a component that *isn't* going in a release. Nobody outside your organizations is going to build against it - so what did it accomplish to push the code into the repo?

Mind you, I'm not saying I'm staunchly opposed - just trying to understand how it benefits anyone.