Subject: [OMPI devel] RFC: remove PMI component in OMPI/RTE framework
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-25 13:08:23

WHAT: remove stale and unmaintained component in ompi/rte framework

WHY: because it is unused, unmaintained, and doesn't even compile?

WHEN: without objections, after telecon on June 9

HOW: svn del ompi/rte/pmi

This was a component added by Brian as a test of the ompi/rte framework while we developed that system. It never really had any purpose other than to provide an alternative to ORTE while we tested the revised integration. So far as we know, nobody ever used it in an actual installation.

Ralph