Subject: [OMPI devel] RFC: Remove autogen.sh sym link
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-08 06:08:55

WHAT: Remove the backwards-compatibility autogen.sh sym link

WHY: Because it's time

WHERE: svn rm autogen.sh

TIMEOUT: Teleconf next Tuesday, 13 May 2014

MORE DETAIL:

We converted from autogen.sh to autogen.pl nearly 4 years ago (2010-09-17). The autogen.sh->autogen.pl sym link was put in shortly thereafter as a stopgap measure to give people time to update their automated scripts from autogen.sh to autogen.pl (or better yet, test and see which name they should invoke).

Every time I type "./au<tab>", it stops at "./autogen.", which is just annoying.

It's been nearly 4 years. I think it's time to cut the cord: remove the autogen.sh sym link and move on.