Subject: [OMPI devel] RFC: Remove sym link
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-08 06:08:55

WHAT: Remove the backwards-compatibility sym link

WHY: Because it's time

WHERE: svn rm

TIMEOUT: Teleconf next Tuesday, 13 May 2014

We converted from to nearly 4 years ago (2010-09-17). The> sym link was put in shortly thereafter as a stopgap measure to give people time to update their automated scripts from to (or better yet, test and see which name they should invoke).

Every time I type "./au<tab>", it stops at "./autogen.", which is just annoying.

It's been nearly 4 years. I think it's time to cut the cord: remove the sym link and move on.

Jeff Squyres
For corporate legal information go to: