Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Well-known mca parameters
From: Mike Dubman (miked_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-27 05:26:30

MCA infra is very powerful and this use-case can be satisfied by
introducing MCA naming convention and checking it programmatically.

Changing/updating architecture to fulfill this specific use-case seems a
overkill. The arch is powerfull to resolve it w/o adding specific class
(IMHO).

We had "--bynode" cmd line arg in mpirun before which was a wrapper around
specific MCA rmaps param for convenience.
The well-known MCA can be something similar, i guess.