Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Well-known mca parameters
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-25 10:29:12

So long as this isn't a requirement, I don't see an issue with standardizing the syntax. I suspect Jeff's concern is with hard-coding ompi_info (and all its flavors) with an option that looks for a specific MCA param from every component. Seems somewhat icky from a software design standpoint, and inflexible.

Perhaps creating a special MCA param "class" might make that more palatable? So we aren't looking for a particular string inside an MCA param name when someone gives that ompi_info option, but instead printing all params of a specific type?