Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Well-known mca parameters
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-25 06:32:40

On Apr 24, 2014, at 1:38 AM, Mike Dubman <miked_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> ** prefix each well-known MCA param with "print_":

I like the overall idea of this RFC, but I'm not wild about this specific word "print" -- it seems weird. All the MCA parameters are *printed* -- the word "print" doesn't really distinguish anything here.

(I know I'm just harping on a word, but I think it's an important word here... :-) )

Got a better suggestion, perchance? (I don't, offhand...)

> ** Define two well-known mca parameters indicating external library runtime and compiletime versions, i.e.:
>
> print_compiletime_version
> print_runtime_version
>
> The following command will show all exposed well-known mca params from all components:
> ompi_info --parsable -l 9 |grep ":print_"

How about changing this a bit (hoping my regexp syntax is correct at 6:30am before coffee...):

ompi_info --all --parsable | egrep ':(compile|run)time_version'

Then the "print_" prefix isn't needed.