Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Remove heterogeneous support
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-25 06:29:36

On Apr 25, 2014, at 6:13 AM, Gilles Gouaillardet <gilles.gouaillardet_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> it is possible to use qemu in order to emulate unavailable hardware.
> for what it's worth, i am now running a ppc64 qemu emulated virtual
> machine on an x86_64 workstation.
> this is pretty slow (2 hours for configure and even more for make) but
> enough to make simple tests/debugging.

Fair point. I have a (very) dim recollection of someone raising the same point the last time we talked about heterogeneity.

If someone would volunteer to do this, and run MTT in this setup on a regular, preferably automated, schedule (something even as low as once a week would probably be fine), that would probably change the equation.