* Formalize well-known MCA parameters that can be used by any component to
represent external dependencies for this component.
* Component can set that well-known MCA r/o parameters to expose to the
end-users different setup related traits of the OMPI installation.
ompi_info can print for every component which depends on external library:
- ext lib runtime version used by component
- ext lib compiletime version used by component
End-user or site admin or OMPI vendor can aggregate this information by
some script and generate report if given installation compiles with
* The "well-known" mca parameters can be easily extracted from ALL
components by grep-like utilities.
* Current proposal:
** prefix each well-known MCA param with "print_":
** Define two well-known mca parameters indicating external library runtime
and compiletime versions, i.e.:
The following command will show all exposed well-known mca params from all
ompi_info --parsable -l 9 |grep ":print_"
* Better support-ability: site/vendor can provide script which will check
if OMPI installation complies to release notes or support matrix.
- Next teleconf
- code can be observed here: https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/4556