Subject: [OMPI devel] Bug in man page of MPI_Type_create_hindexed
From: Bastian Beischer (bastian.beischer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-16 07:55:06

Dear all,

In open-mpi version 1.8 the man page of MPI_Type_create_hindexed gives this
declaration of the function:

int MPI_Type_create_hindexed(int count, const int array_of_blocklengths[],
    const int array_of_displacements[], MPI_Datatype oldtype,
    MPI_Datatype *newtype)

However I think the array_of_displacements should be of type MPI_Aint?

This was relevant to me because I wanted to create a datatype with large
offsets > INT_MAX and I didn't know I could use MPI_Type_create_hindexed
until a colleague pointed me to the MPI standard which says that the
displacements are of type MPI_Aint.

Cheers
Bastian

--