Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Problem of running 'mpirun' on a cross-compiled openmpi-1.6.5 for armv7
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-11 08:44:09

On Apr 8, 2014, at 6:58 PM, Allan Wu <allwu_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> applications. For future references, here is the configuration script I used:
>
> ./configure --build=arm-linux-gnueabi --host=armv7-linux-gnueabi \
> --disable-mpi-fortran \
> --disable-mpi-cxx \
> --prefix=`pwd`/install \
> --enable-static \
> --disable-dlopen

This is probably a good setup for ARM/embedded installs. If you want to reduce the footprint even further, you might also want to add --disable-vt --disable-oshmem. This disables the optional VampirTrace tool installation and the optional OpenSHMEM layer installation. Neither of these affect the memory/resource footprint of running MPI jobs -- they just reduce the amount of stuff that is built/installed.

> As I mentioned in my original post, I disabled the shmem components because I suspected the problem could be related to them. I thought since I do not need them I can just disable them to see if that helps. I guess the previous problem is more related to the specific ARM device than the shared memory support.

Probably so. There was much ARM work done after the v1.6 series.