Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Problem of running 'mpirun' on a cross-compiled openmpi-1.6.5 for armv7
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-11 08:44:09

On Apr 8, 2014, at 6:58 PM, Allan Wu <allwu_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> applications. For future references, here is the configuration script I used:
> ./configure --build=arm-linux-gnueabi --host=armv7-linux-gnueabi \
> --disable-mpi-fortran \
> --disable-mpi-cxx \
> --prefix=`pwd`/install \
> --enable-static \
> --disable-dlopen

This is probably a good setup for ARM/embedded installs. If you want to reduce the footprint even further, you might also want to add --disable-vt --disable-oshmem. This disables the optional VampirTrace tool installation and the optional OpenSHMEM layer installation. Neither of these affect the memory/resource footprint of running MPI jobs -- they just reduce the amount of stuff that is built/installed.

> As I mentioned in my original post, I disabled the shmem components because I suspected the problem could be related to them. I thought since I do not need them I can just disable them to see if that helps. I guess the previous problem is more related to the specific ARM device than the shared memory support.

Probably so. There was much ARM work done after the v1.6 series.

Jeff Squyres
For corporate legal information go to: