Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [Score-P support] Compile errors of Fedora rawhide
From: Orion Poplawski (orion_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-11 23:25:43

On 03/11/2014 05:35 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:
> On Mar 11, 2014, at 7:18 PM, Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Clarification: MPI_Address was deprecated for MPI_Get_address (which properly has the const in it).
>
> Further clarification: MPI_Address was *removed* in MPI-3 (it was deprecated somewhere in the MPI-2.x series; I don't remember the exact version offhand). So it's definitely incorrect to const-ify its arguments.

Okay. Score-P seems to handle its absence fine.

>> The MPI_Info_set problem is a bug and I'll commit a fix for that one now.
>
> +1 -- thanks for the heads-up and catching this one before we release 1.7.5.

Great, NP.

> Did you find any others, perchance?

Also:
MPI_Type_hindexed
MPI_Type_struct

But these were also deprecated in MPI-2.0, so probably gone in MPI-3.
That's it as far as score-p is concerned. Note that dropping functions
has serious ABI/soname implications. I'll probably have to hack up
something for scorep to handle these, probably just be removing them.

Thanks,

  Orion

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion_at_[hidden]