Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [Score-P support] Compile errors of Fedora rawhide
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-11 19:35:15

On Mar 11, 2014, at 7:18 PM, Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Clarification: MPI_Address was deprecated for MPI_Get_address (which properly has the const in it).

Further clarification: MPI_Address was *removed* in MPI-3 (it was deprecated somewhere in the MPI-2.x series; I don't remember the exact version offhand). So it's definitely incorrect to const-ify its arguments.

> The MPI_Info_set problem is a bug and I'll commit a fix for that one now.

+1 -- thanks for the heads-up and catching this one before we release 1.7.5.

Did you find any others, perchance?

> What you might want to do is update your Score-P code to the current standard, since you are striving for MPI-3 compliance anyway.

If MPICH has this minor buglet, you'll probably need to have a configure test to figure out whether you need to const-ify MPI_Address or not. Be sure to report this buglet upstream to MPICH so that they can fix it.