Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] autoconf warnings: openib BTL
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-06 10:26:34

On Mar 6, 2014, at 4:08 AM, Vasily Filipov <vasily_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> #if HAVE_DECL_AF_IB
>> rc = try_using_af_ib();
>> if (OMPI_ERR_NOT_AVAILABLE == rc) {
>> rc = try_the_other_way();
>> }
>> #else
>> rc = try_the_other_way();
>> #endif
> I mean I cannot use "another way" if func call for "try_using_af_ib" fails (call for "try_the_other_way()") because RDMACM was compiled for AF_IB usage (different fields in structs, different functions prototypes).

Ok, that means the implementation is reduced to:

#if HAVE_DECL_AF_IB
   rc = try_using_af_ib();
#else
   rc = try_the_other_way();
#endif

Right? If so, I don't see why you need the AC_TRY_RUN -- if RDMACM is easily detectable as to which way it is compiled (because it has, for example, different fields), then AC_CHECK_DECLS should be enough, right?

I must be missing something...?