Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Fix compiler warnings in FT code
From: Adrian Reber (adrian_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-05 13:14:27

Josh, please have a look at:

https://lisas.de/git/?p=open-mpi.git;a=commitdiff;h=5d5edafa36605ca7650eafa7f99fa1985641e488

I moved the parameter initialization to sstore_stage_register() and can
now see that the variables are correctly used:

$ orterun --mca sstore_stage_verbose 30
[...]
[dcbz:02880] sstore:stage: open()
[dcbz:02880] sstore:stage: open: priority = 10
[dcbz:02880] sstore:stage: open: verbosity = 30
[dcbz:02880] sstore:stage: open: Local snapshot directory = /tmp
[dcbz:02880] sstore:stage: open: Is Global dir. shared = False
[dcbz:02880] sstore:stage: open: Node Local Caching = Disabled
[dcbz:02880] sstore:stage: open: Compression = Disabled
[dcbz:02880] sstore:stage: open: Compression Delay = 0
[dcbz:02880] sstore:stage: open: Skip FileM (Debug Only) = False

On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 05:42:13PM +0100, Adrian Reber wrote:
> I will prepare a patch that moves the parameter initialization somewhere else
> and will not remove it. Do you think the other parts of the patch can be
> applied (without sstore_stage_select() removal)?
>

> On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 10:07:36AM -0600, Josh Hursey wrote:
> > It should probably be moved to the component initialization of the sstore
> > stage component since those parameters are how the user controls where to
> > store those files. I think there is an MCA registration function that is
> > called after component initialization - that would be the best spot, but I
> > do not remember how to set it up at the moment.
> >

> > On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 7:25 AM, Adrian Reber <adrian_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > > I removed a complete function because it was not used:
> > >
> > > ../../../../../orte/mca/sstore/stage/sstore_stage_component.c: At top
> > > level:
> > > ../../../../../orte/mca/sstore/stage/sstore_stage_component.c:77:12:
> > > warning: 'sstore_stage_select' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
> > > static int sstore_stage_select (void)
> > >
> > > And grepping through the code it seems the compiler is right.
> > >
> > > Should we keep the code and maybe just #ifdef it out.

> > > they
> > > parameters?

> > > https://lisas.de/git/?p=open-mpi.git;a=commitdiff;h=4dee703a0a2e64972b0c35b7693c11a09f1fbe5f

                Adrian