Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Fix compiler warnings in FT code
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-03 11:07:36

It should probably be moved to the component initialization of the sstore
stage component since those parameters are how the user controls where to
store those files. I think there is an MCA registration function that is
called after component initialization - that would be the best spot, but I
do not remember how to set it up at the moment.

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 7:25 AM, Adrian Reber <adrian_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I removed a complete function because it was not used:
>
> ../../../../../orte/mca/sstore/stage/sstore_stage_component.c: At top
> level:
> ../../../../../orte/mca/sstore/stage/sstore_stage_component.c:77:12:
> warning: 'sstore_stage_select' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
> static int sstore_stage_select (void)
>
> And grepping through the code it seems the compiler is right.
>
> Should we keep the code and maybe just #ifdef it out.
>
> On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 07:17:19AM -0600, Josh Hursey wrote:
> > It looks like you removed a number of sstore stage MCA parameters. Did
> they
> > move somewhere else? or do you have a different way to set those
> parameters?
> >
> > Other than that it looks good to me.
> >

> > On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 5:29 AM, Adrian Reber <adrian_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > > I have a simple patch which fixes the remaining compiler warnings when
> > > running with '--with-ft':
> > >

> https://lisas.de/git/?p=open-mpi.git;a=commitdiff;h=4dee703a0a2e64972b0c35b7693c11a09f1fbe5f
> > >
> > > Does anybody see any problems with this patch?
> > >
> > > Adrian

Joshua Hursey
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse