Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] v1.7.5rc1 posted
From: Paul Hargrove (phhargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-02 23:08:29

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 7:49 PM, Orion Poplawski <orion_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 03/01/2014 07:13 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:
> > In the usual place:
> >
> > http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.7/
> >
> > Please subject this to your best tests as we hope to roll this (plus bug
> fixes) to 1.8.0 at the end of the month. This includes the new OSHMEM
> support, plus a completely updated MPI-3 compliant one-sided implementation.
> >
> > Scheduled release date: Mar 10
> >
> > Thanks
> > Ralph
>

> According to configure --help:
>
> --enable-oshmem-fortran enable OSHMEM Fortran bindings (default:
> enabled if
> Fortran compiler found)
>
> However, it is not being automatically enabled for me:
>
> checking if want to build OSHMEM fortran bindings... no
>
> This seems to be because the configure test uses:
>
> if test "$enable_oshmem_fortran" != "no" -a "$ompi_fortran_happy" = 1; then
>
> but ompi_fortran_happy is not yet set at this point.
>
> - Orion

I can confirm that OSHMEM Fortran bindings aren't getting built for any of
my testers either.

I am slightly concerned that at least one oshmem/fortran issue (
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2014/02/14114.php / ticket
#4626) might be wider spread than we had thought. In particular the
failure was only occurring on a platform where I had an
explicit --enable-mpi-fortran=usempi. I am investigating now if explicitly
enabling fortran will reproduce issue 4626 on other systems.

-Paul

Future Technologies Group