Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] MPI_Comm_spawn under Torque
From: Suraj Prabhakaran (suraj.prabhakaran_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-20 22:05:28

Thanks Ralph!

I must have mentioned though. Without the Torque environment, spawning with ssh works ok. But Under the torque environment, not.

I started the simple_spawn with 3 processes and spawned 9 processes (3 per node on 3 nodes).

There is no problem with the Torque environment because all the 9 processes are started on the respective nodes. But the MPI_Comm_spawn of the parent and MPI_Init of the children, "sometimes" don't return!

This is the output of simple_spawn - which confirms the above statement.

[pid 31208] starting up!
[pid 31209] starting up!
[pid 31210] starting up!
0 completed MPI_Init