Subject: [OMPI devel] Please remove me from this distribution
From: Julia.Dudascik.Contractor_at_[hidden]
Date: 2014-02-20 15:45:25

Please take me off distribution.

-----Original Message-----
From: devel [mailto:devel-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Suraj
Prabhakaran
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 1:14 PM
To: Open MPI Developers
Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] MPI_Comm_spawn under Torque

I am using 1.7.4!

<suraj.prabhakaran_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> Hello!
>>
>> I am having problem using MPI_Comm_spawn under torque. It doesn't
work when spawning more than 12 processes on various nodes. To be more
precise, "sometimes" it works, and "sometimes" it doesn't!

>> Here is my case. I obtain 5 nodes, 3 cores per node and my
$PBS_NODEFILE looks like below.

>> node1
>> node1
>> node1
>> node2
>> node2
>> node2
>> node3
>> node3
>> node3
>> node4
>> node4
>> node4
>> node5
>> node5
>> node5
>>
>> I started a hello program (which just spawns itself and of course,
the children don't spawn), with

>> mpiexec -np 3 ./hello
>>
>> Spawning 3 more processes (on node 2) - works!
>> spawning 6 more processes (node 2 and 3) - works!
>> spawning 9 processes (node 2,3,4) - "sometimes" OK, "sometimes" not!
>> spawning 12 processes (node 2,3,4,5) - "mostly" not!
>>
>> I ideally want to spawn about 32 processes with large number of
nodes, but this is at the moment impossible. I have attached my hello
program to this email.

>> I will be happy to provide any more info or verbose outputs if you
could please tell me what exactly you would like to see.