Subject: [OMPI devel] oshmem test suite
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-10 20:31:08

The Fortran programs in the oshmem test suite don't compile because my_pe and num_pes are already declared in OMPI's shmem.fh.

To be fair, I asked Mellanox to put those declarations in shmem.fh because I thought it was crazy that all applications would have to declare them.

Apparently, the shmem community is crazy. :-\

So I'll rescind my previous recommendation (even though I still think it's the Right way to go). I'll remove the "integer my_pe, num_pes" declarations from shmem.fh, and put the declarations back in the shmem examples we have in examples/.

I still think it's crazy, but if the openshmem people are doing this in all their test programs, I assume it's good representation of what the shmem community itself is doing.