Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] openmpi installation
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-07 12:03:01

If the directories are there and populated, then the problem is likely with your path. Do this:

1. "which mpirun" - if you don't see your <prefix>/bin, then you know your path is wrong

2. "printenv PATH" - is it what you expected?

We generally suggest that you put your <prefix>/bin and <prefix>/lib at the beginning of their respective envars as most OS distributions come with their own versions, and you want to be sure and pickup your installed version first.