Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Don't try to call orte_show_help() before orte_init() succeeds
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-31 10:00:26

Rene,

The code reads

+ /* If ORTE was not setup yet, don't use orte_show_help */
+ if (orte_setup) {
+ orte_show_help("help-mpi-runtime",
+ "mpi_init:startup:internal-failure", true,
+ "MPI_INIT", "MPI_INIT", error, err_msg, ret);
+ } else {
+ opal_show_help("help-mpi-runtime",
+ "mpi_init:startup:internal-failure", true,
+ "MPI_INIT", "MPI_INIT", error, err_msg, ret);
+ }

The difference is indeed very subtle: in one case we call ORTE_show_help while on the other we call OPAL_show_help. Exactly as the log message indicates.

  George.