On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 01:10:43PM -0800, Ralph Castain wrote:
> Nathan, I have no idea what you are talking about. What I do know is that you had me commit a patch to the trunk and v1.7.4 that caused multiple warnings about 32-bit issues to appear in both cases. George is reporting issues that look very much like the ones I'd expect based on those warnings.
That patch for coll/ml was correct for 1.7.4 and no further action is
required. The two crashed George reported are in 1) the new vader (not
in 1.7.4), and 2) the coll/ml updates (also not in 1.7.4). Neither code
path exists in 1.7.4.
> Release of 1.7.4 is still waiting for the patch you promised me last week to fix these problems. I don't give a rats a$$ about SGI at this stage - I just want to get your patch that fixes 1.7.4 so we can release the stupid thing!!!
That patch did not cause any warning on 1.7.4. Only the trunk because it
conflicted with the update to coll/ml. That is not scheduled for 1.7.4
so I am waiting on ORNL to make sure we do the right thing.
As far as I am concerned 1.7.4 should be ready to go. Unless some new
32-bit issue cropped up with coll/ml. Since MTT is suggested we are fine
with 32-bit I doubt that is the case.
- application/pgp-signature attachment: stored