Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.7.4 fortran status?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-24 18:27:14

On Jan 24, 2014, at 1:18 AM, Paul Hargrove <phhargrove_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> My understanding is that for (at least) pathscale and open64 compilers we have a regression because 1.7.3 automatically rejected the f08 bindings, but the current 1.7.4rc tarball fails while building usempif08 unless *manually* disabled at configure time. Is that accurate?

I just committed a change on the trunk to configure that should disqualify the older pathscale and open64 compilers from compiling the mpi_f08 module (like we did in 1.7.3 and earlier).

I trivially extended one Fortran configure test to check for BIND(C, name="foo") where strlen(foo)>32. That should make the older pathscale fail the test, and therefore we avoid the internal compiler error.

I did *not* change the OMPI C symbol names to be <= 32 characters.

It ain't perfect, but hopefully that'll do it!