Subject: [OMPI devel] 1.7.4rc: mpirun hangs on ia64
From: Paul Hargrove (phhargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-22 02:25:47

Yes, this is familiar. See:
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2013/11/13182.php

If I understand correctly, the thread ended with:

On 03 December 2013, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:

> FYI, Debian has stopped supporting ia64 for its next release....
> So, I stopped working on that issue.

Well, I have access to a Linux/IA64 system and my trials with
openmpi-1.7.4rc2r30361 appear to hang, much as Sylvestre had reported w/
1.6.5.

I am atatching output from a build W/O --enable debug for the command:
$ mpirun -mca plm_base_verbose 5 -mca ras_base_verbose 5 -mca
rmaps_base_verbose 5 -mca ess_base_verbose 5 -np 1 ./ring_c

I will follow-up with an --enable-debug build when possible.

-Paul

Future Technologies Group