Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.7.4rc1 install failure: NetBSD-6 amd64
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-14 08:41:08

More tweaking -- I don't think there's an explicit reason to mention gfortran, is there?

- On NetBSD-6 (at least AMD64 and i386), and possibly on OpenBSD,
  libtool misidentifies properties of f95/g95, leading to obscure
  compile-time failures if used to build Open MPI. You can work
  around this issue by ensuring that libtool will not use f95/g95
  (e.g., by specifying FC=<some_other_compiler>, or otherwise ensuring
  a different Fortran compiler will be found earlier in the path than
  f95/g95), or by disabling the Fortran MPI bindings with
  --disable-mpi-fortran.