Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Padding on ompi_predefined_datatype_t running out
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-13 16:16:56

The code is well protected against such issues. If one of our base structures become larger than corresponding predefined structure, the compiler should trigger an error similar to:

In file included from ../../../ompi/ompi/datatype/ompi_datatype_create_contiguous.c:23:0:
../../../ompi/ompi/datatype/ompi_datatype.h:105:10: error: size of array 'padding' is too large
     char padding[PREDEFINED_DATATYPE_PAD - sizeof(ompi_datatype_t)];
          ^

This is the case for all types that have a predefined enveloppe. Thus, the commit 30268 was unnecessary as the check was already included in the compilation by the inclusion of the ompi_debugger_canary.c.

  George.