Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Paul's testing summary
From: Paul Hargrove (phhargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-11 18:29:26

Updates:

1. opal/util/path.c
RESOLVED
My testing on both trunk and v1.7 passed on all my platforms.
Marco's reports success (after applying the usual patches) with the trunk
on Cygwin.

2. oshem_info reports oshmem:bindings:fort:yes unconditionally
NO CHANGE (that I am aware of)

3. configure refuses btl:verbs on Solaris
ISOLATED
Jeff has traced this to some oshmem related configury.
I have determined that configuring the trunk with --disable-oshmem DOES NOT
work-around this issue.
New thread: http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2014/01/13744.php

4. oob:tcp not using loopback interface for single-node runs
NO CHANGE (that I am aware of)

5. pgi-8 and pgi-9 fail building mpi_f08
WORK IN PROGRESS
Jeff has provided more comprehensive fortran configure probes, but they
didn't improve the situation.
The "trunk is worse" problem was not what I had thought - it turns out to
be triggered by --enable-debug.

6. netbsd-amd64 "make install" failure
ISOLATED
This is some issue between libtool and g95 mistakenly deciding the platform
is a.out instead of elf.
I can work-around by disabling fotran bindings.

-Paul

Future Technologies Group