Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] trunk build failure on {Free,Net,Open}BSD
From: Paul Hargrove (phhargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-10 22:28:52

Jeff and I iterated a bit off-list and opal/util/path.c in tonight's trunk
tarball (1.9a1r30255) works for all of my systems.
With the help of Jeff's recently-enhanced test/util/opal_path_nfs.c I was
able to verify that NFS mounts are now correctly identified on the *BSD
systems (and still correct on Linux, Mac OSX, and Solaris).

Marco,
  Can you please verify on Cygwin?

-Paul

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 6:34 AM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquyres_at_[hidden]
> wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2014, at 9:18 AM, "Jeff Squyres (jsquyres)" <jsquyres_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
> >> It seems to indicate that even if one does find a statfs() function,
> there are multiple os-dependent versions and it should therefore be
> avoided. Since statvfs() is defined by POSIX, it should be preferred.
> >
> > Sounds good; I'll do that.
>
> Gah. The situation gets murkier. I see in OS X Mountain Lion and
> Mavericks man pages for statvfs() where they describe the fields in struct
> statvfs:
>
> f_fsid Not meaningful in this implementation.
>
> This is the field I need out of struct statvfs to know what the file
> system magic number is. Arrgh!
>
> I'll keep looking into what would be a good solution here...
>
> --
> Jeff Squyres
> jsquyres_at_[hidden]

Future Technologies Group